Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Advice

I look for advice everywhere.  I read every article I can find and find any articles I can.  I love the communities that I've joined for photography and Photoshop.  My favorite is linked over there on the right. (www.mcpactions.com)  I also follow groups on Facebook which is a great way to pick up on interesting articles. This morning, my favorite group posted this article and it's probably the best one I've read so far.

I often find myself trying to mimic the style of photographers that I admire.  Admittedly, I have to let that go and find my own rhythm.  It will be the only way that I will truly shine in this over populated industry.

Also, I need to start establishing some goals for myself.  I need to set up networking and client goals so that I can push myself to meet those on a regular basis.

Goal #1:  I have a coffee date with a pregnant friend tomorrow.  I need to persuade her to book a shoot.
Goal #2:  When I get back from vacation on July 3rd, I need to set up my studio equipment and practice. That's the first step in setting up a massive shoot at Just Scrap It!
Goal #3:  Get cards in the hands of potential clients.  Post on the board at local shops that support local businesses.

Wish me luck!

No comments: